The CMS office is now open, hours are 7:30 AM to 4 PM. By Friday, August 7th you should receive a Back To School packet in the mail from us. This will include information from the Campbell Union School District, and CMS, and include dates and times of our Orientations. The first day of school will be on Wednesday, August 19th. The first bell rings at 8:25 AM and students need to be in their seats by 8:30 AM. If you have any questions, please feel to contact our office at 408-364-4222. Ms. Michelle Valine, Site Secretary.
In order for an absence to be excused, a medical note is required for any doctor/dental appointment whether it be a full or partial day . If you arrive late after a doctor/dental appointment, a medical note is required.
Hello new and returning Campbell Students!
2015-2016 School Orientation Dates:
Orientation for all NEW 5th and 6th grade students: August 12th 8:30AM t0 12:30PM
Parent Orientation meeting: Option 1: August 12th (8:45AM to 9:45AM), or August 12th (12:00PM to 1:00PM). Parent Orientation is for ALL CMS parents (new and returning families).
Orientation for all returning 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students: August 12th (12:00PM to 1PM- Parent Orientation).
First Day of School: August 19, 2015 (Zero Period begins at 7:43 AM), (First Period begins at 8:30 AM).
Attention Current 6th grade Parents/Future 7th graders:
By law, all students entering 7th grade are required to have proof of the following immunizations: Whooping Cough booster (called Tdap)2 doses of the Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine (MMR). Please provide proof of these vaccinations by August 12, 2015. Students will not be allowed to attend school in August 2015 without proof.
Please provide proof of these vaccinations by August 12, 2015. Students will not be allowed to attend school in August 2015 without proof.
Congratulations to the promoting class of 2015! Future 9th graders, continue to study hard, ask questions, learn from your experiences and seek support from the caring adults in your lives. CMS staff and faculty are proud of your academic and social accomplishments. Please have a safe and fun summer.
Thank you CMS Parents and Community Members for supporting our students for another exciting year at CMS! Thank you to all of the volunteers. This year we have accomplished many things:
- Navigated our first full year of Common Core Implementation
- Successfully assessed all students on the new computer adaptive State assessment: Smarter Balanced
- Completed an amazing Talent Show (Great job 5th and 6th graders)!
- Increased the percentage of 8th graders eligible to promote from 81% last school year to 92% this school year!
- Hosted great community events: Chalk Art Festival, Multicultural Night, Campbell Soup Night, Dessert with the Stars, Band Concerts, and many more
- All Students experienced a STEAM activity in their exploratory or workshop class
- 8th graders prepared for high school by experiencing the rigor of block periods
- National Junior Honor Society students completed over 435 hours of service to different groups in the community
- FLEX students created a student garden, prepared for the STEAM and VAPA showcases, learned Yoga, developed a Crossfit program, and developed unique enrichment and support opportunities
- Track and Field students participated at a county level, with an 8th grade student running a mile at 4 minutes and 52 seconds, “Go Chris!”
- Ms. Richards, our school librarian and informational technician, was nominated as one of four district level classified employees of the year
- Campbell Middle School was nominated for a Project Cornerstone Award based on the work of Ms. Parker’s and Mr. Valdez’s implementation of the THRIVE program on campus
- Our 2nd year MESA program took home 2nd place overall in the State in the mousetrap car competition
- Ms. Quick’s 6th graders presented to the Superintendent and School Board about plastics
- CMS launched their school newspaper, EL Perro News!...and many, many more accomplishments
During the next two weeks in May, CMS students and parents have the opportunity to participate in surveys about the school and the access to technology. Parents will receive paper surveys this week. Students will have the opportunity to take a survey online at school.
Students Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CampbellUSD_STU_Campbell
Please join the principal in the media center on Tuesday, April 21st at 6pm to learn about next year's dynamic class offerings. As a 7th or 8th grader next year, your child can select their year long exploratory class. We are also offering new advanced courses in English, Social Studies, and Science; and zero period class offerings. The PTA meeting will follow this meeting.
Location: Campbell Middle School's Main Quad
Come celebrate Spring! Campbell's 1st Annual Chalk Art Festival is a free event (Sponsored by PTA). All CUSD families and community members are invited. Professional chalk artists from the Luna Park Festival will be on site showcasing their wonderful art. Sign-in to win a new tablet!
Please Sign-In: http://goo.gl/forms/XIW2btjDfJ
Join us for a special international evening and celebrate CMS multicultural diversity.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 @ 5:30PM to 6:30PM in the CMS Cafeteria
Sample free delicious multicultural food, watch a fashion show-highlighting traditional clothing, and enjoy parent and student entertainment. For more information, please call Community Liaison, Mariza Ramans at 408-364-4222 ext 5283.